If God said He is going to give you a husband, let God give him to you. Let God pick him out for you. You are a special type of woman who will need a special type of man. You cannot join yourself to just anybody. The men that were sent in the past by the enemy were sent to destroy your soul, kill your ministry and rob you of the good things God gave you. They were sent to give you depression, low self-esteem, and to tear you down.
You are out of the relationship now, but God is still restoring what you lost in that relationship. The devil couldn’t tear down what God built. You survived in what others died in. Some women lost their minds, but you are still in your right mind. This thing was intended to work against you, but instead it worked for you. You don’t even look like what you’ve been through.
As you allow the Lord to make and prepare you for your husband, keep in mind these things:
- Jacob worked 14 years to marry Rachel. You are worth working for. You are worth waiting for. Your body is not for fornication, but for the Lord (1 Cor 6:13). God never gave you a body to be used by men, but to be used by Him for Him. You want someone that will want ALL of you, not SOME of you.
- Obey God. Anytime God asks you to do something for Him, it’s because He wants to do something for you. When Ruth was where she was supposed to be and doing what she was supposed to be doing, THEN Boaz saw her. Prior to that, he could not find her.
- You are a good thing. You should know who you are. Do not leave that type of responsibility to a man because just as quick as he can build you up, he can also tear you down. Whoever finds you will find a good thing and will obtain favor from the Lord (Prov 18:22).
- Stop saying ‘there are no good men out there’. Watch your words. Sweet water and bitter water can’t flow from the same fountain. When you speak, say only what you want to see. Everything God made was good, but every man doesn’t know who he is and he won’t know until he consults the One who made him. Please remember that you didn’t always have it together (and you still don’t have it all together), but God was very patient with you. If God can change you, He can change them, but let Him do the changing. Let God do what needs to be done in you and in him before He gives you away.
- Once you recognize your husband and he recognizes you, pick out your wedding dress, the flowers, the cake, the location, etc., but don’t invest more time preparing for the wedding than you do for the marriage. The wedding only lasts for a short period of time, but you want your marriage to last a lifetime. Even after you’re married, you will always be learning one another. If you don’t want to invest the time (because it is work), then don’t waste his time. You are two people, but you must learn how to become one.