Maybe you feel stuck. Maybe you’re like the tied colt that Jesus has need of (Luke 19:30). You either walk around in circles or you walk back and forth or you just settle where you are. As I was praying this past Wednesday, the Lord said, You’re not stuck. You just need to make a decision. Make your mind up.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways (James 1:8, KJV).
If you are that kind of person, you can’t make up your mind, and you surely can’t be trusted. So don’t expect the Lord to give you anything at all (CEV).
There is an area of your mind called the subconscious. It’s like a storage. People rent storages when they have something they don’t need or can’t use at the present time, but they store it away just in case they may have need of it later. (There are some things that you don’t need to go back and retrieve). The subconscious mind stores such things as habits, beliefs, images, past hurts, and hurtful words. The tricky thing about this mind is that it doesn’t know the difference between the truth and a lie. Therefore, it accepts everything as the truth (even when it’s a lie).
The good news is you get to choose which information to feed your mind. You can change the way you think. You can replace bad thoughts, lies, other people’s opinions and wrong beliefs with the thoughts (word) of God. One of the things the Lord revealed to me last year was that I wasn’t talking back to the enemy enough. In Luke 4:3, the devil said something to Jesus, but in the next verse, Jesus answered him with the written word and He did it until the devil departed from Him.
The subconscious is also the mind that pulls you back to your comfort zone when you want to attempt to do something new or different. When the woman with an issue of blood heard of Jesus, she followed behind in the crowd and said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. Then, she touched His garment. If she had never acted or moved on what she was saying or what she heard, she would have never been healed. We are praying for things, but what are you doing to possess what you are praying for? Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Where is the evidence that you believe what God said? What are you doing to bring His promise for you to pass?
There were five things that hindered or delayed the Israelites from possessing the promise.
- They heard God, but they didn’t believe Him. The Lord said unto Moses, ‘How long will they refuse to believe in Me in spite of all the signs I have performed among them? (Numbers 14:11). There were some that didn’t enter because of unbelief (Hebrews 3:19).
- They were afraid. When Moses sent men out to investigate the Promised Land, ten of the twelve spies were afraid because the people who were occupying the land were strong, the cities were walled and very great and there were giants there. We be not able to go up against the people for they are stronger than we.
- They walked by sight, not by faith. We were in our own sight as grasshoppers.
- They complained about what they didn’t have instead of being grateful for what they did have. Who shall give us flesh to eat? Have you brought us up out of Egypt to kill us and our children and cattle with thirst? In Deuteronomy 28:47-48, the Lord told them that if they refused to praise Him (serve Him with joyfulness and with gladness of heart) that they would become slaves to their enemies and they would be hungry, thirsty, naked and in want of everything.
- They were disobedient. They did what they wanted to do, but not what the Lord told them to do. The Lord said to Moses, I have seen this people and it is a stiff-necked (stubborn) people (Exodus 32:9).
It’s interesting that these five things start in the mind, but despite their ways, God led the Israelites through the wilderness where there were fiery serpents, scorpions, drought and no water (Deuteronomy 8:15). No one died. He protected all of them and He took care of all of them. From the time of your birth until now, He has taken care of you. Just like the Israelites, you are no longer in the hand of your enemies. You are in His hands. The sea has been divided for you. You will not drown neither will you be destroyed. Not only has He made a way, but He is the Way. You tried your way. Now try His way.
The four lepers at the entrance of the gate weren’t stuck (2 Kings 7:3). They just had to make a choice. Either they sit (settle) where they are, which is old and familiar, and die there or they go where they have never gone before – inside the gate. There was a possibility that the Syrians could have killed them once they went inside of the gate, but the point I’m trying to make is that they knew what would happen if they stayed, but they didn’t know what would happen if they moved. Unfortunately, we’ve been settling in what we were only supposed to go through.
Maybe you feel stuck because you’re afraid to trust all of you with all of Him. Maybe you feel stuck because you won’t choose what He has chosen for you. Maybe you feel stuck because you still haven’t done the last thing He told you to do. Maybe it’s what you used to be that is keeping you from what God says you are, but God is still sending His word in the form of rebuke, promises and instructions. Don’t allow that word to be delayed in your life any longer.
Micah 2:13 tells us that God is the Breaker and He is able to break every curse and those things that keeps you oppressed and bound (fear, unbelief, doubt, etc). It doesn’t matter how many years you have been tied to something. He is able to break it. The devil knows that if he can bind you, he can bind what’s in you, but God wants to break you free from what’s binding you so that the gifts He placed in you can be released. The people have need of what’s in you.
I know how you feel, but you’re not stuck. You just refuse to move – in obedience. Holy Spirit, help us to make choices every day that will give life.
Prayer: I cover our minds in the blood of Jesus. I bind and rebuke the spirit of fear and I loose the spirit of power, the spirit of love and the spirit of a sound mind. I command every lie, thought, dream, planting and seed of the devil to be uprooted out of our hearts, minds and souls in the name of Jesus. We have the mind of Christ and we will think on those things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report. Our minds are healed and whole. Amen.