Month: June 2014
If God said He is going to give you a husband, let God give him to you. Let God pick him out for you. You are a special type of woman who will need a special type of man. You cannot join yourself to just anybody. The men that were sent in the past by the enemy were sent to destroy your soul, kill your ministry and rob you of the good things God gave you. They were sent to give you depression, low self-esteem, and to tear you down.
You are out of the relationship now, but God is still restoring what you lost in that relationship. The devil couldn’t tear down what God built. You survived in what others died in. Some women lost their minds, but you are still in your right mind. This thing was intended to work against you, but instead it worked for you. You don’t even look like what you’ve been through.
As you allow the Lord to make and prepare you for your husband, keep in mind these things:
- Jacob worked 14 years to marry Rachel. You are worth working for. You are worth waiting for. Your body is not for fornication, but for the Lord (1 Cor 6:13). God never gave you a body to be used by men, but to be used by Him for Him. You want someone that will want ALL of you, not SOME of you.
- Obey God. Anytime God asks you to do something for Him, it’s because He wants to do something for you. When Ruth was where she was supposed to be and doing what she was supposed to be doing, THEN Boaz saw her. Prior to that, he could not find her.
- You are a good thing. You should know who you are. Do not leave that type of responsibility to a man because just as quick as he can build you up, he can also tear you down. Whoever finds you will find a good thing and will obtain favor from the Lord (Prov 18:22).
- Stop saying ‘there are no good men out there’. Watch your words. Sweet water and bitter water can’t flow from the same fountain. When you speak, say only what you want to see. Everything God made was good, but every man doesn’t know who he is and he won’t know until he consults the One who made him. Please remember that you didn’t always have it together (and you still don’t have it all together), but God was very patient with you. If God can change you, He can change them, but let Him do the changing. Let God do what needs to be done in you and in him before He gives you away.
- Once you recognize your husband and he recognizes you, pick out your wedding dress, the flowers, the cake, the location, etc., but don’t invest more time preparing for the wedding than you do for the marriage. The wedding only lasts for a short period of time, but you want your marriage to last a lifetime. Even after you’re married, you will always be learning one another. If you don’t want to invest the time (because it is work), then don’t waste his time. You are two people, but you must learn how to become one.
You don’t think I’ve done anything because it doesn’t feel like I’ve done anything and it doesn’t look like anything is happening.
You won’t always feel My word.
You won’t always feel Me, but you still must believe Me.
You will receive My promises when you believe My promises.
Believe My words.
I am not a man that I should lie.
You must know that it’s already done.
I’ve already done what you’ve been praying for.
Before you were bound in it, My Son freed you from it.
Whom My Son sets free is free indeed.
This is why My Son came.
Receive what My Son has done.
It is yours.
Authority is the believer’s God-given right to decide and take action.
The centurion, whose servant was sick, knew who he was and he knew what he had. He told Jesus, “For I too am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes and to my servant, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.”
What the centurion was telling Jesus was ‘I have what You have’ and just like the centurion, we who are in Christ have what Christ has.
The reason why we have been crying over our problems and begging God for things is because we don’t understand who we are and what we have. Jesus said, “All power is given to me in heaven and in earth” and then He gave power over ALL the power of the enemy (Matt 28:18; Luke 10:19).
Before there was a battle, there was victory. Jesus stripped your enemies of their power. He took away their weapons and gave you weapons for warfare. Jesus has already won the battle for you, but the problem is that you don’t know that you are a winner.
Use the weapons God gave you – the word of God, the blood of Jesus, praise, prayer, faith. If you have stopped fighting in the spirit for the things God said He has already given you, then apparently you don’t think it’s worth fighting for or you don’t want it bad enough.
But if you do want what God says you can have, this is the authority you have: When you tell demons to go, they go. When you call for the things of God to come in your life, they come. When you command angels to do a thing, they do it. Jesus said, “I have given you a mouth and wisdom” (Luke 21:15). In other words, I have given you the ability to speak yourself into some things and to speak yourself out of some things. When you don’t know what to say, I will give you what to say. No one will be able to successfully withstand against you and nothing by any means shall harm you.
Jesus told the disciples to not carry a money bag and they were never broke. They were also never sick because Jesus gave them power to heal all manner of sickness and disease. Who they walked with then is who is walking in us now. The word is in you. Open your mouth. Speak the word with authority.
Acts 16 speaks of a girl who had a spirit of divination. The bible says that for many days this girl followed Paul and the others. The spirit that was in her grieved Paul and when he got tired of it, he turned and spoke to that spirit (not the person) and commanded it to come out and it came out in the same hour.
Are you tired of your situation yet? Are you ready for change? If you are ready for change, then change what you are saying (and doing). Don’t tolerate what God doesn’t tolerate. Say what you mean and mean what you say. When you speak, know that none of your words will fall to the ground, none of your prayers will return void and God always hears you.
The difficulty or problem you are facing is beneath you. You are not under it. It is under you because you have authority over it!
As a young child, nothing was ever explained to me. Maybe my dad and grandmother didn’t know how to communicate well. Maybe their parents were to them what they were to me. Maybe they thought I wouldn’t understand because I was just a child. I had a lot of questions as most children do, but if they didn’t want to talk about it, they would ignore my questions. For this reason, I felt alone, rejected and I learned to keep my feelings to myself.
It’s mind-boggling how you can learn words and learn how to use them in sentences, but still struggle to communicate effectively with others. I remember one day (as an adult), my dad was trying to talk to me. I don’t know if I was having a bad day or if I was frustrated about something, but I remember being very short with him and the Spirit of God told me ‘All you had to do was tell him what was wrong, but the CHILD in you wouldn’t let you’.
A baby cries or yells because it is unable to express itself with words. Adults, on the hand, can express themselves through words, but choose to conduct themselves as children.
My prayer to God this week is to help me put away childish things. I don’t want to speak, understand or think as a child. I need to grow up so that I’ll be ready to receive what He’s ready to give me.
Let me give you a good example of what I’m talking about. If you know God is going to give you a spouse, you must also know that He wants to give you someone that is mature and a mature person doesn’t want to marry a child. He/she wants to marry another mature person.
Here are just a few signs of immaturity:
- You give the ‘silent treatment’. You are able to speak, but to show that your feelings were hurt, you choose to say nothing.
- You intentionally hurt someone to ‘get back’ at them.
- When you’re angry, you physically or verbally abuse the individual.
- You blame others for your problems.
- You refuse to apologize or to accept an apology.
- In a marriage, you withhold sex from your spouse as some sort of punishment.
I’m not ashamed to tell anyone that there are certain areas of my life where I need to grow up and neither should you. If you will confess it, God will heal it. Just like David, learn to be honest with God and acknowledge your wrongs. When you do this, it’s a sure sign that you are growing up.
Remember that God is very patient with us and we can grow in His grace.
The woman with the issue of blood was in need of something, but she didn’t wait for Jesus to come to her. She went to Him to get what she needed.
According to Webster’s Dictionary, the word press means to push. What Webster doesn’t tell you is that this is not a one-time act. You have to keep pushing. You have to push until you get what you have been pushing for. The woman with the issue of blood was like a woman in labor. Most women don’t give birth after one push. They have to push, rest, and then push again, but they don’t give up (although they may want to).
This woman had to push through:
- People: What will the people say? What will they think?
- Fear: She shouldn’t have been in the crowd due to her condition. This could have led to some serious consequences, but she was tired of her situation.
- Disappointment: She had seen many physicians and no one had been able to help her.
- Sickness: She wasn’t feeling well, but she had to press beyond how she felt.
- Slothfulness/laziness: How bad do you want what you’re asking God for? You can’t move when you want to move. You have to move when God tells you to move or you will miss your provision and blessings.
The enemy doesn’t want you to have what God says that you can have in His word. God has already released what you have been praying for, but the enemy uses tactics to keep you from obtaining what God promised.
This woman teaches us that there are some things that won’t come to you – YOU must go and get it. You have to pray and keep praying. You have to obey God when you feel like it and when you don’t feel like it.
There will be a fight, but it will be a good fight. Yes, the pain is great, but the joy will be greater. The sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory, which shall be revealed in you.